Sunday, November 10, 2013

Part 18 - Short and Sweet!

     There it is folks!  I have dropped two more pounds this week.  I am now down to 104 lbs. lost overall.  I am going to keep this week's post very short and sweet.  I don't have a lot to say but I am planning for some big things in next week's post.  Here is what I do have for you all...

     I HAVE HAD AN AWESOME WEEK!!  I have made it through one whole week of my sugar free challenge.  In the very beginning I felt bad physically but that was my body making some adjustments.  Now that I am through what I am calling my "detox" phase I am definitely seeing some improvements.  This week I have done so many things and even made it through a whole workweek without missing any time.  For those of you who are doing this with me, please, let me know what you are experiencing.  
     As I said I am keeping it short this week and I am sorry for that but here is why.  As I proceed in my journey to lose weight and I am finding that, as I have said before, I have more energy and get up to do things.  I am now finding that, by cutting my sugar intake, the energy I do have is of a much better quality.  Not the "flash-in-the-pan" quick energy that sugar gives you but a much more sustained energy.  I have to say I love it!  Here is the rub; I have gone from trying to run an 18-wheeler on a 9-volt battery to trying to run it with a mini-van battery.  I get much better mileage but I still have my limits.  I have just had the honor of spending the past 24 hours or so with some very dear friends and their kids, my Godchildren.  Please take notice of this picture...
     These are my Godchildren Cayden and Kayleigh.  I love them with all of my heart and the time I get to spend with them I cherish.  I have realized however, that children are nature's nuclear power plants and I just can't keep up.  After spending some much needed fun time with them, I AM EXHAUSTED!  I don't know how their parents keep up with them but I have a need for a nice cozy bed and blanket right now so this is all I am writing.  
     Big things are coming next weekend and I am excited to share these with you all.  For now however, as always, please share this on your pages and thank you for all of your support.  I keep plowing forward and I am going to win!  Much love and God bless you all.  VIVE LA FAT REVOLUTION!!!  To be continued...
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great week and a better weekend with the Godchildren. Keep up the good work Mike. Dropping the sugar habit is hard. Have you given any thought to dropping wheat from your diet?? Any thoughts on this?? Love the blog, keep up the good work!! D.

    ReplyDelete